It’s time to announce the results of my March goals, and to make some new ones for April. I am doing this a day early because I’m afraid the ham today will cause me to retain water! And because I have already exercised today (yay me!).
First, a recap of March and my results:
- Sugar Strike. This one was a big fail!
- Stairs. My goal was to take the stairs to my office at least twice each week. Success!!
- Weight loss. I wanted to lose 10 pounds this month. Another big fail! I actually gained a pound.
I am not happy with gaining a pound this month, but I’m glad it wasn’t more. I’m still down 17 pounds, and I’m doing much better with exercise. I know diet is what will really help the weight drop, so I need to get in my groove with clean eating.
Onto my April goals:
- Stairs. Continue taking the stairs to the office at least twice each week.
- Exercise. About 2 weeks ago I started exercising in the morning. This is going really well and I want to continue it in April. I am also working to add walks at home when Marcus is around and I’m able to go.
- Circuit. Since I’m on an exercise roll, I’m going with it. I want to come up with an exercise circuit of sorts, with exercises like jumping jacks, squats and planks. I need to finalize my list. My goal is to complete it 2 days each week.
I guess my goals this month are all exercise related! That’s okay. I’m building a solid habit and it will help my body composition as I (finally) get some more weight off. Of course I will also continue to improve my diet. Perhaps I’ve been putting too much pressure on myself. Who knows, but I will be working on that as well.
Well, kids are frantically searching for Easter baskets so I better wrap this up. Happy Easter!